The Daily Yonder is the nation’s only publication whose newsroom is devoted exclusively to covering rural America. It’s an ambitious goal.
We don’t focus on just one part of the rural economy, or one region, or one set of issues. We offer news, commentary, and analysis about the length and breadth of America’s rural landscape and people.
We aim high. And thanks to you, we hit our target more often than not.
Once a year we pause to invite you to support our work. For me, the response is always humbling and invigorating. Humbling because your gifts are a tangible expression of the value you place on rural communities and the work we do to support them. And invigorating because it’s clear you want rural America and the Daily Yonder to succeed in building a better future for all Americans, not just the ones who live in affluent and well-served ZIP Codes.
We honor the trust you place in the Daily Yonder by pouring your contributions directly into journalism about rural issues. In the past year, we’ve made a lot of progress, with your help.
- We’ve increased our daily output to two or three stories a day, instead of one or two.
- We launched a new fellowship program that has brought talented and diverse young journalists into our newsroom to improve the number and type of stories we can produce.
- We’ve broadened our pool of correspondents who write about rural life and culture.
- With a small staff and a demographer who (amazingly) volunteers his time and talents, we’ve maintained the nation’s most reliable and comprehensive reports on rural Covid-19 infections, deaths, and vaccinations.
- We have distributed our work far and wide, reaching a larger audience and regularly being cited in national publications as a definitive source of information about rural America.
The result is a publication that is read literally from the county courthouse to the White House.
Your support is what makes this possible.
I hope you’ll take a moment to contribute to the Daily Yonder. Your gifts go directly to producing rural journalism, and they inspire us to keep working to achieve our one-of-a-kind mission. Plus, thanks to support from NewsMatch, every dollar you give from now until the end of the year is matched, effectively doubling the impact of your donation.
With deep appreciation.
Make Your Donation
Contributions from individuals are eligible to be matched up to $5,000 per individual from November 1 to December 31, 2021, to a combined total of $10,000. The Daily Yonder is a project of the Center for Rural Strategies, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Gifts may be tax deductible; consult your tax adviser for more information.