Happy New Year, Daily Yonder readers!
As noted in our Year in Review, 2020 was an unprecedented one for the Daily Yonder. Big, historic news events pushed us to step up our game like never before and because of support from donors like you, we were able to meet the challenge.
Thanks to your support:
- We published more stories – nearly 600, up from about 250 the year before.
- We brought in more contributors, including new staff, student interns, and a summer reporting fellow.
- We invested in improving our technology to support strategic projects like our Covid dashboard, Election Hub, and the Rural Assembly Everywhere virtual festival.
- We distributed our content in more places, through video, audio, and syndication in rural radio and local newspapers.
- And perhaps most importantly, we reached more people than ever before, providing essential rural reporting and storytelling to a growing national audience.
As 2020 comes to a close and a new year gets underway, we wanted to say thank you. Thanks for reading and for supporting the Daily Yonder. Your contributions made the important progress we achieved this year possible, and position us for an even stronger year ahead in 2021.
Yesterday marked the end of our annual fundraising campaign, but you can still support our work by making a donation (or buying Daily Yonder merchandise) year round.
Best wishes to you and yours in this new year, from all of us at the Daily Yonder.